21 maggio 2018
We had a rather disappointing experience.
- When we arrived at reception at 10pm (coming from Playa del Carmen we stopped few times, had dinner in Valladolid, etc), everything was pitch black. Reception was closed, no info left behind. We saw some lights at a building in the distance (was the restaurant). An old man with torch - he is the watchman speaking only spanish - ran up and down to give us keys. Obviously no check in info, nothing was told us.
We asked for bungalows close to each other, he claimed all booked out so the buildings were rather far.
- Reception opens at 8am (which is totally late if you want to have some info for going out)
- Car park is good 10 minutes away from rooms - hill up and down, stones, stairs. One has to carry his own luggage. Literally carry or drag as the walkways are rocky. (which is great for the atmosphere)
- As per reservation me being genius member, we should have received welcome drink which did not happen at any stage of our stay
- No mosquito net (when asked, reception said is only in Junior suite)
- No safe in room
- In my bungalow no fridge at all (in other one yes)
- In my bungalow no hot/warm water at all
- No wifi at all (bungalows don't really have signal as we heard later from reception, again it was confirmed in reservation). If you stay in standard rooms which are in a 3 storey building (no lift!) you have good wifi. We noticed when we walked up to the viewing terrace.
- The beds are SHORT, ca 160cm long. I am 182cm and my feet were hanging down. Very uncomfortable
- Buffet breakfast has basic selection (OJ, luke warm tea or coffee, 3-4 hot dishes, fresh fruits, pancakes and dry toast bread)
- A la carte dinner has literally 5 starters and 4 main meal options. No drink menu, no dessert menu. When asked the waiter said that there is none.
Staff in restaurant is inattentive, having a chat with each other, checking phones, having a laugh but not serving you nor clearing tables.
The hotel has a great product but is badly being run.
Nice atmosphere in a forest setting. Nice touch to have water bottles in room.
- Pool is nice, just like on pictures
- Receptionist was understanding, followed up on the shortfalls we mentioned.
After our complain we were given compensation options so we had free dinner.